The Black Bull Inn
(Built circa 1679)
The pub of the same name which is currently situated on the Main street of Cumbernauld Village was named after the Inn which stood on the same street and which started out life as the town house for the Wigton Family. This was between the time of the second castle and the building of Cumbernauld House.
In 1966 the Cumbernauld Historical Society investigated this furthers after a chance find when an old 19th century building was being pulled down. They found the filled in basement of the old Inn at No 61 the main street (Pictured).
More info on this story can be found in the History of Cumbernauld and Kilsyth from earliest times by Hugo Millar.